Your support is critical to the success and continued growth of our organization, our students, and our community. Please help sustain Mariposa’s mission of providing quality early childhood education and developing a generation of creative and engaged learners.
$50 | supports the expansion of our classroom library
$100 | helps provide equipment & materials for our urban nature playground
$250–500 | provides transportation & programming for one field trip
$500–1,000 | provides a month’s worth of healthy, fresh snacks for our classrooms
$1,000–2,500 | provides a years-worth of art supplies for one Mariposa classroom
$2,500–5,000 | helps supplement one year of tuition for a Mariposa student
Doris Gademan Stephens Mariposa Scholarship Fund
Donations can also be made to the Doris Gademan Stephens Mariposa Scholarship Fund, a permanent endowment to enable more students to attend Mariposa and benefit from a quality early childhood experience!
If you would like your donation to be in support of the Doris Gademan Stephens Mariposa Scholarship Fund, please indicate this in the “Message” section of the confirmation page, which appears after entering your payment information on the PayPal website, or on your check.
Mariposa is a (501)(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Your gift is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Support Mariposa just by shopping!
If you would like to make an in-kind contribution of either goods or services, please email or call us at: (401) 228-8702
Community Partnerships have enabled us to:
- offer a curriculum which fosters a greater understanding and appreciation for the outdoors, nature, and the wonderful learning experiences that families can share together, through our collaboration with Chris Hitchener at the Roger Williams Park Zoo.
- support our families in conversations about the important role of play in their children’s learning, as well as engaging them directly in play, through our partnership with the Providence Children’s Museum.
- support a partnership with sixth grade boys from the San Miguel School, who come to Mariposa to play and read with the children each week. The rewards are evident for both our students and the sixth graders: improved reading and fluency, a deeper appreciation for stories and language, and a positive and lasting connection with others from the community.
- educate and promote local, low-cost, healthy eating and nutrition for young children and their families through past partnerships with the Southside Community Land Trust, Whole Foods Market, and RI Farmer’s Market Association.
- secure donated materials and volunteers from The Rhode Island Nursery & Landscape Association to improve Mariposa’s natural playground space at our Wanskuck Boys & Girls Club site.
Additional Community Partners:
- Alliance for Childhood, Joan Almon
- Antioch University Education Department, David Sobel
- Brown University Public Humantities, Rick Benjamin
- Brown University MAT Program, Sarah Liebel
- Ready To Learn Providence
- Rhode Island Department of Education
- Rhode Island School for the Deaf
If you are interested in exploring a possible collaboration with Mariposa, please email or call us at: (401) 228-8702
Mariposa welcomes and greatly appreciates the interest and participation of foundations, corporate sponsors, and the support of small businesses in our wider community.
Featured Corporate Sponsor
Sansiveri, Kimball & Co., L.L.P., a niche-focused accounting firm located in Providence, has been partnering with Mariposa since 2009 and have sponsored their annual Holiday gift giving event. Firm employees have generously donated gifts to students and their families during this joyous time of year; an experience that Sansiveri believes “brings the firm together” to help promote a place where pre-school children have their first real experience with learning. Michael DeCataldo, managing partner at the firm, has served on the board of Mariposa since 2009, and has been a dedicated advocate for its programs and mission.